Monday, January 14, 2008

Making Spring Plans

Ok, so hubby and I were sitting around a fire the other night in the back yard ....... we do that sometimes after the little ones go to bed. I love campfires - they are so relaxing! We started talking about Spring and all of the things we want to do this year. So I compiled a list :

1) Build a bigger fire pit in the backyard

2) Turn the corner of the backyard into a screened in area to sit after we go swimming or to just relax under the tree

3) Build a brick patio to put the pool on so it will be level. (last year one side seemed to sink a little after a bad rain storm.

4) "Try" to grow another veggie garden this year

5) Get rid of all the old toys in the yard ( I'm sure there will be more to replace them! lol)

6) Finally - get some camping time in with the kids. We finally have a pop-up now! I am so excited!

I'm hoping my backyard will take on a new look and be more fun to hang out in.

I still have projects to finish up before Spring, though. My quilt, doing another table top to go on the other side of the couch, and trying my hand at ceramics. I have two kilns , slip, and molds so I am excited about that. Hubby needs to finish the bathroom downstairs too.
Whew, I sure do need more hours in a day! So much to do and so little time! lol.
Anywho, I am off to work on filling up the farm girl fun box that I received Saturday! So much beautiful stuff in there! I am throwing in some more goodies and passing it along to the next farm girl.
Take care friends and Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Beemoosie said...

Ahhhh Spring!!! I think I have spring fever all ready!! Sounds like some great projects..be sure to take before and after pictures!
Did you say QUILT?!! Do tell....