Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bartering...hmmmmm

I was just reading a post on MJF about someone who got had on the bartering thing. That hits close to home with me.

Now, don't get me wrong - I love a good barter and it is fun, but there are those times when I get had by the person that I barter with. It's happened 2 or 3 times so far and it's frustrating!! Grrrr.

Listen - If you want to barter, then make sure you can hold up to your end of the deal. Now I'm not going to mention any names since you already know who you are, but I'm still waiting on a barter from last October!! I guess I can kiss that goodbye. This person is still bartering with others and so are the ones that still owe me from 3 months ago! Ughhhh. :(

I do, however, have a few ladies that I barter with who are golden. Tribalcime (Lisa) is one of them. She is the sweetest person and makes sure that she sends her stuff out asap and everything she barters is awesome!

Now, I know that postage is high and so is the price of gas. PLEASE THINK ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU AGREE TO A BARTER!!!!!

I don't think that I will be bartering for awhile except with the few that I trust. It's sad that in a day where we all need each other and where a helping hand is always welcome, that there are still people out there who want to make it difficult.

Lisa, Denise, Deb, Linda, and others, you are terrific!!! All the rest who fall short, well all I can say is please stop bartering and because it makes the other person sad :(

Anywho, vent is over now. Just had to get that off of my chest!

Hopefully the next post will be more pleasant!! HA!

2 comments:

Bonne said...

**sigh** Oh, do I know where you are coming from........Bartering can be so much fun, or it can be a source of frustration!! I'll agree with you that Lisa is the most awesome person to barter with~we've been doing it for years. Whenever we get burned , we revert to exclusively bartering with one another~LOL. I get so irked when I see a deadbeat barterer initiating more barters, and don't hesitate to let the would-be other barterer know, so they can at least be wary. Takes all the fun out of it sometimes, but I've sure made some really good barter friends throughout it all. Good Luck with future trades!!! I'd like to barter with you sometime too! B

Lisa Brawner said...

oh lord!! I know what you mean about the bartering. I have cut way back with who i barter with also. I love to barter with you and bonne !!!!!!!!!!!