Monday, August 4, 2008

Just some pics and thoughts for today

I'm sitting her think about all the things in my house that I love and could never part with. Besides my family, of course, I have ALOT of things that are near and dear to my heart. Could I have actually grown this attched to material things?? I guess I have and I'm sure I'm not the only person who has a house full of treasures that they couldn't do with out.

I've even questioned myself about these things - If I hit the lottery, would I leave this stuff behind? Who gets all of my treasures when I'm no longer a part of this world? Would my family even want to keep any of my things or would they get thrown out or sold? Would my hubby keep my things aroound even if he met someone else if the unthinkable happened? I know these questions may sound strange to some, but I think some of my blogging friends understand what I'm saying, don't you?

I think I could honestly say that I could do without this house in the burbs. I'd much rather be in the country anyhow, but part with my treasures? No way! I have a very strong conection to my things, and most have tons of memories attached. Hubby would have to deal with my old things if we ever struck it rich..lol

I also think that one never really understands just how much they have until they think about what they couldn't part with. I am truly blessed to have acquired so many things that are dear to me. I'm lucky to be able to enjoy them everyday. I think my treasures speak to others about who I am too. Hmmm...does that make me a crazy, picture loving, yarn collecting, crochet crazy, antique collecting, crafty type of girl?? You bet it does! Proud to be one too!

Anywho - here are some pics of a few favorites that I have made or collected over the years (wow, that makes me sound old!) Enjoy and Happy Crafting!


My grandbabies handprints - need I say more?

I love this credenza & everything on it!

Spice jars from my MIL

My little porcelain babies - they've been around awhile

My Victorian style BATH sign

"stained glass" made with plasctic canvas and yarn

Gallery glass "stained glass" made from an antique cabinet door


1 comment:

Lisa Brawner said...

I know how you feel. I am so attached to my jewelry that i have designed . I hope to never have to sell any of my collection