Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to school and other thought.....

Well, it's finally here! The first day of school. For awhile there I didn't know if I was gonna make it to this day..lol My little ones were starting to drive me bonkers with the "I'm bored", and "There's nothing to do" routines. Ughh. So it was up at 7 am and off to the bus stop this morning - for one child at least.

The school around here do a thing called staggered entrance for the pre-k and kindergarten classes. My youngest, Ally goes for one day this week - Thursday, and then she doesn't go back until day after Labor Day. Now, the schools here have been doing this for a few years now, and I understand why - I think. I do, however, think it's somewhat of a hassle for some parents who work. Just my opinion. But, on a lighter note - I know that they will both be learning full time starting next week.

I put in an application early on in the summer to be a substitute teacher for the school my children attend. I finally got an e-mail Friday saying that I was accepted. YAY!! Now I have to be fingerprinted and attend a "processing orientation" in a few weeks and then I am going back to work!! I am nervous and excited about it. I'll miss being home, but I need to work and bring in some extra money into our home.

On a crafty note - I have completed my latest "nightie" and I will post pics on the next go round. It turned out very cute and hubby loved it! ;p

Anywho - I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Take care and Happy Crafting!

No comments: