Monday, February 4, 2008

Crocheting with "Plarn"??

Ok, this is very interesting to me. "Plarn", ya know, plastic bags that are turned into something beautiful by crocheting the strips. I have to try this. While I am, by no means, a recycle fanatic, I do my share. I reduse, reuse, and recycle whenever I can, but sometimes I slip up and throw things away that shouldn't be. ( I know, shame on me :( , I will try harder, promise).

Back to the plarn. I got this really cool book from the library called , "It's not your momma's crochet", and it has a cute purse in there made by using "plarn". I got really excited about that little purse! I have to make it now. Between that and making a HUGE tote for my MIL, I am going to be a little busy. She saw my smaller totes and wants a big one to take shopping . She is way into the "Go Green" scene herself and her bag is going to reflect that. It's cool, though. (sounded a little 60's there, lol) I enjoy making things.

Now, all I have to do is gather up them plastic grocery store bags and start cutting them into long continuous strips. Should be fairly simple. I need to go to the craft store for handles too. I always LOVE an excuse to get to A.C Moore, plus I received a gift card for my B-day to them! LOL.

If it turns out well, I will post it on here. Hopefully you will all get to see it! *crossing fingers*

I am still up in the air about an Etsy shop too. My family says I should, but is it worth it? Is it more stress than it's worth? Should I take my things to craft shows instead? Ughhh, I guess I will figure this out eventually. In the meantime, I will keep crafting and stashing my "stuff" until I decide what to do. I always appreciate suggestions about what sells or not too.

Anywho, I am going to get myself into something, after I make another cup of coffee...yummmm. Take care my friends and Happy Crafting!!!!

3 comments:

Beemoosie said...

Hey girl! Can't wait to see how that bag turns out...sounds like you do a little bit of everything in the crafting realm.
I know around here it costs quite a bit to rent a booth at a craft show, so you would have to sell even more to make a profit. Or maybe alot of those people can afford the cost and just enjoy being there. I don't know how etsy works. Most everything I make right now is from someone else's pattern so I give all my stuff away!!!!

Shadows of the goddess designs said...

The plarn sounds cool!!!!!!!! Have fun with it !!

Shadows of the goddess designs said...

You might check into the bigger outdoor flea markets also . I am gonna try them again this year. I did ok several yrs ago. I sold more at them than the craft fairs.