Monday, February 4, 2008

Crocheting with "Plarn"??

Ok, this is very interesting to me. "Plarn", ya know, plastic bags that are turned into something beautiful by crocheting the strips. I have to try this. While I am, by no means, a recycle fanatic, I do my share. I reduse, reuse, and recycle whenever I can, but sometimes I slip up and throw things away that shouldn't be. ( I know, shame on me :( , I will try harder, promise).

Back to the plarn. I got this really cool book from the library called , "It's not your momma's crochet", and it has a cute purse in there made by using "plarn". I got really excited about that little purse! I have to make it now. Between that and making a HUGE tote for my MIL, I am going to be a little busy. She saw my smaller totes and wants a big one to take shopping . She is way into the "Go Green" scene herself and her bag is going to reflect that. It's cool, though. (sounded a little 60's there, lol) I enjoy making things.

Now, all I have to do is gather up them plastic grocery store bags and start cutting them into long continuous strips. Should be fairly simple. I need to go to the craft store for handles too. I always LOVE an excuse to get to A.C Moore, plus I received a gift card for my B-day to them! LOL.

If it turns out well, I will post it on here. Hopefully you will all get to see it! *crossing fingers*

I am still up in the air about an Etsy shop too. My family says I should, but is it worth it? Is it more stress than it's worth? Should I take my things to craft shows instead? Ughhh, I guess I will figure this out eventually. In the meantime, I will keep crafting and stashing my "stuff" until I decide what to do. I always appreciate suggestions about what sells or not too.

Anywho, I am going to get myself into something, after I make another cup of coffee...yummmm. Take care my friends and Happy Crafting!!!!

3 comments:

Beemoosie said...

Hey girl! Can't wait to see how that bag turns out...sounds like you do a little bit of everything in the crafting realm.
I know around here it costs quite a bit to rent a booth at a craft show, so you would have to sell even more to make a profit. Or maybe alot of those people can afford the cost and just enjoy being there. I don't know how etsy works. Most everything I make right now is from someone else's pattern so I give all my stuff away!!!!

Lisa Brawner said...

The plarn sounds cool!!!!!!!! Have fun with it !!

Lisa Brawner said...

You might check into the bigger outdoor flea markets also . I am gonna try them again this year. I did ok several yrs ago. I sold more at them than the craft fairs.